Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Honor the Guardians


The trees are the Guardians...those that are identified as the 'Standing People'.
They are those that hold space for our becoming.
They surround us with their protective arms and remind us to 'reach' for the sky.
They teach us to dive deep into the Earth with our roots so that we might be grounded and stable.
They remind us to 'stand tall'.

The Guardians are our teachers, our guides, our partners.
If we draw close to them and ask them to whisper their secrets, they will.
They share with us patience, strength, fortitude for the challenging times that are upon this Earth.
They remind us to always stay connected to the Creator and to the Earth that generously gives us our foundation.

Some Guardians stand alone in the forest, as if to define themselves separate for some deep reason or purpose.
Some stand in Circles, showing us the power of connection and community.
Some shed their leaves and remind us to release all that no longer serves us.
Others stay evergreen, and 'hold space' for others to return to their 'green' again in the Spring.

The Guardians have been with us for many many moons.
They have seen the comings and goings of the people.
They hold the Earth's sorrow, joy, wisdom, and visions for tomorrow.

Honor the Guardians...they have been holding us close to their hearts for so very long.

3 comments:

Janice Lynne Lundy said...

I love your tree metaphor. Profound, empowering, yet nurturing. The tree outside my front window has this effect/ambience of which you write. My guardian. I have never thought of it that way. Beautiful.

In July 08 I spent 5 days in Madison, Wi sitting at the feet of His Holiness the Dalai Lama. He was teaching on the Way of Compassion. At lunch each day, I went outside and sat next to or beneath the most stunning weeping willow tree. It was strong, deeply rooted, all embracing. It "protected" me with its long, slender, flowy branches, allowing me privacy to go deeper. My mind formed countless metaphors about weeping willows and I have now adopted them as my tree—my guardian—my totem...

Thank you for this most soulful post!

Eileen Grace Zorn said...

Jan...

Your experience with the Dalai Lama sounds like it was wonderful...and your experience with the weeping willow seems just as awesome.

Adopting the willow as a totem, a guardian sounds like a natural relationship that was just waiting to be. Recently, I have been connecting with the Mint Bush and have been blessed with wisdom from the Deva of the Mint Bush. She has been giving me instruction about relationships, healing, and so much more. The 'green' world around us has so much wisdom yet we so seldom take the time to listen.

Please share with us the wisdom that the willow shares with you.

And thanks so much for keeping connected.

Blessings,
Eileen

Suzi Smith said...

Lovely words & so true... 'just sitting under a tree' has given me so many insights & words flow so easily when I make that connection. Thankyou for a wonderful blog!